WWRF, being one of the leading platforms worldwide for discussions and innovation within the Wireless World, is organizing its 45th meeting at Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 18-21 January 2021, and invites authors to submit original manuscripts that will be peer reviewed and, if successful, presented to the Forum. All speakers will be able to participate remotely as this is a hybrid event (physical & virtual) based on the global situation and local regulations. Contributions that are accepted for the meeting will be published on the WWRF website (www.wwrf.ch), and the best contributions may form part of a WWRF Outlook (a series of White Papers) or be incorporated into new volumes of the WWRF Book Series. Selected papers will also be considered for publication in a special issue of a leading scientific journal.
The manuscripts may be aligned with the theme of the event, on one or more of the following topics, or on any relevant aspect of the Wireless World:
Publication of Papers
The best papers based on presentations given at the 45th WWRF meeting will be published in a special issue of the prestigious Journal of Communications Networks (JCN) published by the Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences (KICS) and co-sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society. Authors wishing to take advantage of this opportunity should provide their full paper to WWRF by the deadline.
Call for Lightning Talks
In addition to the regular contributions, we will be running ‘lightning talks’ on at least two of the days. Each of these will comprise short 5-10 minute presentations on any topic related to the event, but prioritizing last minute announcements on new results, products or ideas. Proposals on all WWRF45 topics, especially those related to ‘5G Showcase’, such as experiences with 5G rollout and new applications for 5G are most welcome.
Suggestions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All suggestions received before the event will be considered, and the programme will be announced at the last minute.
Contributors should submit an extended abstract by 1st November 2020 to email@example.com for review. Extended abstracts should be at least two pages in length, either in plain ASCII text, MS Word or Adobe PDF. The template for abstracts or papers are available below. Full papers must be prepared using the WWRF template, which is also available at the WWRF web page. The list below shows the different working groups (WGs) and Vertical Industry Platforms (VIPs) to one of which the contributions should be directed:
|Submission of extended abstracts||30 November 2020|
|Notification of acceptance||15 December 2020|
|Final papers||30 December 2020|
|Event||18-21 January 2021|
Please note that, by disclosing information to WWRF, it is deemed non-confidential, in accordance with Section 8 of the WWRF Articles of Association available here and authors grant WWRF permission to use such information as described in the WWRF copyright license.
Authors must complete and submit a copyright license along with their full paper.
Contributions submitted without a completed and signed copyright license cannot be presented and will not be published in the meeting proceedings or in WWRF’s other publications. Abstracts do not require a copyright license.
- Due to Covid 19 travel restrictions, the organizing committee of WWRF 45 and WWRF will only offer student travel grants for those residing in Malaysia
- Since Malaysia also restricts travel within the country, the student applying is responsible for meeting local travel restrictions
- The students should send their request to the WG Chair via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The WG Chair will forward the request to the Treasurer with their recommendation
- Maximum grant: RM 600
- The cost of travel at the lowest economy airfare, bus or train fares and two nights for hotel.
- Receipts must be provided
- Students must provide proof that they have presented the paper, WG Chair can do that
- Must provide bank details so that our accountant in Switzerland can do electronic transfer
- Students will receive free registration for the event in any case
- It will take up to 30 days to process the claim after it is received